Monday 9 March 2009

Eating out: MOF Japanese Sweets & Coffee

We were in KL for lunch today. After a scrumptious dim sum lunch in Shanghai Restaurant. We walked across to Pavilion for some window shopping. At about 3pm, dad wanted to try the MOF Japanese Sweets & Coffee.


Red Bean Paste, RM9

Dad ordered this to share with mom. I tried a scoop of the red bean and find it too sweet for my liking. The red bean tasted like the ordinary, so I assume this is not azuki beans.


Abekawa, RM11

Gan ordered this. I don't exactly know what this is, but it tasted like baked mochi. It is both crunchy and chewy. Add the red bean paste to it and there's an extra gooey taste. This is rather better than the first dessert.


Hot Macha Latte, RM9

I opted for something as simple as a latte. This is a let down! The green tea powder was too thick, thus tasted bitter.

I thought Ministry of Food should be something for us to look out for. I find that the desserts from Pasta Zanmai is even better. I'm not too sure why this place is crowded. Perhaps they're first timers? Or may be I'm just too picky. I don't know. Try it out and you be the judge.

No comments: