Sunday 8 March 2009

Eating out: Michelangelo's



Hui Bao and I were out to Sunway Pyramid for a movie today. Come lunch time, we headed to Michelangelo's. We were quite surprised that no other diners in the restaurant although it was already lunch time. We glanced through the menu and ordered 2 main course and 2 drinks.



Then it was photo time! Hui Bao, looking great as ever.



I looked so charn. I miss my long hair days now :/


Pasta, RM19.90

I ordered the Crispy Soft Shell Arabbiatia Pasta. The sauce was aplenty and the portion is just nice for 1. Unlike in Italiannies, the serving is huge. There were garlic, black pepper, chives and abalone mushroom in it. This is one of the many recommended dishes.


Pizza, RM17.90

Hui Bao ordered the Triple Meat Combo Pizza. The portion is just nice for one. As for toppings, there were pepperoni, Italian sausage and ham. The crust is thin and it wasn't very cheesey. This is one of Michelangelo's signature dish.

However, I must say that Italiannies still beat Michelangelo's. Perhaps other dishes might taste better. I certainly won't be back for the second time.


Rice, RM20

For dinner, we went to Sri Petaling's Al-Diafah Restaurant. It is one of the top restaurant in our list that serves really good middle eastern food. We had Kabsa Rice with Chicken. There were 4 pieces of chicken and a moutain of rice. The rice is moist and flavored evenly with herbs and tomatoes.


Macaroni, RM15

We usually order the sambosa. We decided not to this time. Instead, we tried the macaroni with tuna. This dish is unusually good too, especially when it's still hot. The fried shallots and onions really went well with the macaroni. I thought there'll be tuna chunks, unfortunately, only tuna flakes found, haha.

Al-Diafah is located directly opposite Kam Lun Tai Restaurant in Sri Petaling.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Picture itself sure tells!!! Thats a huge mountain of rice:) Your post made me hungry again..

CarolineL said...

Haha, go try it out. I'm sure you'll be back for more! :D

Lanx said...

Hey! I love the picture of Huibao..she looks great! Gotta tell her that! haha!