Sunday 26 October 2008

Equatorial's Food Tasting

I'd like to dedicate this entry specially to my dearest Shally, kekekee.

The wedding banquet of my side is less than a month's away. So, I booked a table and 10 of us headed to Equatorial for food tasting.



Seen here are my grandparents and parents. The table has been decorated exactly as the VIP table for the banquet. There are several napkins folds to choose from. I've selected the swan for VIP table and bird-of-paradise for other tables.



This is the sample of the menu. During the actual banquet, the menu will be printed in Chinese and English.



Combination Platter: A combination of 3 hot dishes and a chilled dish.



Soup: Shark's fin soup with crab meat and roe. It is a little watery compared to other places, which is good. That shows how little starch that was added into it.



Chicken: Roasted chicken in two styles. The chef remove most of the breasts meat and made kerabu out of it. It tasted really appetizing with its sour and sweetness of mango, cucumber and onion.



Fish: Steamed red garoupa with shredded ginger and tangerine skin. The fish is really fresh and it is not overcooked.



Prawn: Wok fried prawn in spicy brown sauce. The chef should refine the taste as it lacked the spicyness and wok-hei. Otherwise, it tasted good too.



Vegetables: Braised abalone & sea cucumber with broccoli. It was pretty bland. For those who are health conscious, the less additives and preservative, the better. For those who isn't, there is always extra soy-sauce on the table :D



Rice: Lotus leaf rice with dried seafood. This is by far the best lotus leaf rice I've eaten. The rice is nicely cooked, it wasn't too salty, lots of dried seafood and .... yummy! 'nuff said!



Dessert: Shanghai pancake and mini bun. Both of these were pretty basic. The fillings is red bean paste.



Dessert: Chilled sea coconut with ginseng. It's pretty good too. Lots of dates and dried longan. But I find the sea coconut were bit too soft. It supposed to be chewy.

There, first look on our 9-course banquet. It may looked great and delicious now. Hopefully it stays that way on the actual night. But if it isn't, you also know how hotel food tastes like right? Haha, don't put too much hope! See ya on that day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My Gosh! *Jaw drops*..How I wish I can fill them with my stomach even if I have to ignore my diets!! haha

CarolineL said...

Lanx: Haha!!