Wednesday 29 October 2008

Eating out: Nyonya



We were in PJ earlier today and decided to have an authentic Nyonya cuisine (halal) for lunch. We headed to Nyonya Restaurant in SS2. This restaurant has been in operation for as long as I can remember. I was still in my primary school when I first eat there.


Otak-otak, RM4.50

The otak-otak is really good. Big fish chunks hidden in the herbs. Comes highly recommended for those who loves otak-otak. But then again, who doesn't? :P


Sayur Paku, RM12

This Paku vegetables is best fried with sambal belacan. This style of cooking is good too. A lot of minced dried shrimps are added into it.


Beef Rendang, RM15

The cubed beef are cooked for hours. It is really tender and filled with the rendang aroma. Best to eat with rice!


Sambal Petai Udang, RM15.50

This dish is amazingly good! But a tad too oily though. There are many shrimps, lots of onions and lotsa sambal!

When I was younger, I hated petai. Not everyone can get used to its acquired taste. As you all know, petai is also known as stink beans. LoL! As I've grow older, my tastebuds changes slightly and I don't mind having a spoonsful of petai these days. FYI, it is very good for those with diabetes and migraine.



As for dessert, I ordered the Cendol, RM3.30. It is served in such a small bowl. Also, I've had better cendol elsewhere, ie: Madam Kwan's! Should have ordered its renown onde-onde. Made a mistake there, tsk!

Do try this restaurant out. It also does catering.


Nyonya Restaurant (Opposite RHB Bank)
52, Jalan SS2/24
47300 PJ
Tel: 7875 9709

No comments: