Thursday 2 October 2008

Eating out: May King Cafe



May King is located in Pudu, is famous for its Lam Mee. Just look at the crowd! The time was almost 2pm and people are still flocking into this eatery. Luckily, there were more seats upstairs.



Back in the 90s, there was only lam mee, meatballs and fu chuk. Now, there are dry curry and soup based noodles. Smart eateries should always improvise and changes menu regularly to secure regular customers.



It has been years since I last ate here. The size of the meatball remains, but now, it is 90 cents each. It still taste the same too, still as yummy as ever.


Lam Mee, priced at RM5.50

This is the much anticipated lam mee! It may looked very yummy, but I don't find it so. The gravy seemed too starchy for my liking. I don't remember being this starchy last time. Besides, the noodles tasted a bit bitter, probably because of kan sui (alkaline) overdosed :/ I should have chosen mee hoon or kuey teow instead. Next time, I'll definitely try the dry curry noodle. It really looks good.

No comments: