Friday 3 October 2008

Eating out: Cinnamon, Gardens



Cinnamon is a fine dining restaurant offering northern Indian cuisine located on the 3rd floor in Gardens, Midvalley. Cinnamon has been in operation ever since Gardens opened to public. This is my second time dining there and unfortunately, it will also be my last time. Let me explain...



Complimentary titbits. Papadom with mint sauce. The sauce is refreshing. Great way to start a meal.


Peas & Mushroom, priced at RM18

The Indian waiter suggested this dish as there's gravy to go with our rice. I like the peas and mushroom that comes in it. Sadly however, the gravy is a let down. There isn't any herbs nor spicy kick in it.


Murgh Tikka, priced at RM26

There were only 6 TINY pieces of chicken. Average about RM4/piece, totally overpriced! Luckily it tasted superb. But then again, I'm sure I can get thandoori just as tasty elsewhere with a cheaper price.


Naan, priced at RM10

This is Kulcha DO Pyaza, which is naan with onion, spices, herbs and garlic. However, I can't really taste the herbs. It is rather small in size too.


Kashmiri Pulao, priced at RM16

This is basmati rice with dry fruits and nuts. The rice is pretty good, the only thing I want to complain is, the rice is rather dry. But it goes really well with the vegetables.



Can you belief there were only us the entire hour when we're there? I wonder how they managed to survive until this day. Cinnamon's neighbor, Sushi Zanmai, was packed that patrons needed to queue! For those who like Northern Indian Cuisine, like me, I'd suggest you to Spice Garden. They can be found at Bukit Bintang, Subang Jaya and Genting Highland :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i like......

Anonymous said...

very nice! hahahahaha