Friday 11 July 2008

Of travel and family



It has been wonderful and blessed to be able to travel to so many countries. I thank my parents for bringing me along. Though there are times when they did leave me behind. That was when I was still in college. My parents are like any other parents, they want their children to be around for as long as they can. And that includes traveling!

I remember I started traveling when I was 8 years old. It was 1990 that I first traveled out the country and first time boarded an airplane. It was in Had Yai. I can't remember much about the place 'coz I was pestering to go back to the hotel. And my late brother pestered too. We were such a nuisance then, haha.

My parents would make it a point to travel annually during Chinese New Year. That is when my dad could take longer leaves. When my brother and I were in secondary school, my parents brought us to England for the first time. I was 14 and was thrilled to see snow! Not to mention, caucasians! It was truly a magical moment for us.

The most memorable countries that I have ever been to has got to be Scandinavia. Out of the 30 countries that I have step foot in, Norway has absolutely stunning sceneries. No other countries can beat Norwegian beauties. Then there is Dubai, one of the fastest growing country. We had the chance to stay at the 7* Burj Al-Arab. It was incredible to be treated like the rich and famous. I can't belief that the desert sand is cold during the winter in Middle East. I can even feel the softness of the sand between my toes just by talking about Dubai. The most historical place has got to be Eastern Europe. Austria, Prague and Budapest are so full of historical cultures that it'll take forever to digest them. I was taken aback by the gorgeous monuments, bridges, cathedrals and so many more.

My parents and I still continue traveling after my brother went back to the Lord. I can feel that he is with us. My dad will bring along my brother's jacket and jeans whenever we go traveling. And I have dreamed that he came home from his trip to Langkawi. It hurts that he is not with us to share our joy anymore. It is also a relief that he is with the Lord, and that he isn't suffering from the hospital bed any longer. Like us, I am sure my dear brother will continue his journey.

3 comments:

tanalan2 said...

I like travelling too....Favourite place is still Italy !!!! Lovely country..mamamia !!

Lanx said...

I'm sure he's always been with you and your parents and will be continue watching over you guys from above =)

CarolineL said...

Alan: Yeap, italian men too, haha!

Lanx: thanks dear *hugs*