Wednesday 11 June 2008

Dusk and Dawn

I have always loved sunsets. The spectrum colors up the sky each dusk like its telling a story with a beautiful ending. I am sure sunrise is as mesmerizing as sunset, no doubt, but I just couldn't wake myself up at the break of dawn to watch the sky lights up.



I walked outside my house and I saw this orangy sky after dinner. I quickly grab my phone and capture it. Of course, there are other prettier sunsets than this. Considering I won't be traveling to the coast anytime soon, I have to be satisfied with this for now, heh.



Brief moments later, the sky turned colder. The tropical color faded away in merely a minute. Somehow I felt that it's bidding farewell. And I was there to acknowledge every moment. Ahh...

I must say the most beautiful sunset I have ever.. ever seen is none other than midnight sun in Norway. It was last summer and it was freezing with strong wind. The sky was clear and the sun was at its lowest point before it rose up to welcome a new day. The feeling is so surreal. The image is forever engraved in my mind and soul.



Look at it! Can you believe that our mighty sun has already set? This photo is taken at midnight! Yes, 12am! 0000 hours! You might wonder, if the sun is still up during midnight, what about at dusk and dawn? The sun never sets in Scandinavia. It shines brightly at 9pm, 11pm, 1am and even 4am. During summer, you will experience midnight sun, whilst in winter, you will experience the great northern lights!

That would be my dying wish, just to catch a glimpse of the amazing northern lights!

No comments: