Tuesday 10 June 2008

Eating in: Cakes!

I was in Jusco yesterday and there was a promotion going on. Soft cheesecake is selling for only RM9.90 instead of the usual RM12. There were a tray of cut cheesecake in cubes for sampling. Being deprived of cheesecakes LATELY *ahem* I went to sample it. Though not as rich as other cheesecakes and being health-conscious now, I decided to buy one.



It's not a very big cake, but still I managed to slice into 10 pieces. Hui Bao and Nelson were here yesterday, so each of them had a slice. There are still few slices left in the fridge. Anyone?






Earlier today, my mom wants to bake Green Tea Chiffon Cake. So I helped her with whisking the egg white with sugar and washing the utensils. Tired ler, my arms are sore from the pilates lesson yesterday and I had to whisk the eggs till foamy. Not easy hoR...

Pictured above is the mixed batter after pouring into the tube pan, ready to be put into oven.



This is how the chiffon cake looks like after baking for 30 minutes. It is still cooling down as I'm writing this. It is another simple recipe that my mom pulled out from our daily.

Green Tea Chiffon Cake

6 eggs, separated
150g sugar
100g self-raising flour
2½ teaspoon of green tea powder
70ml fresh milk
3½ tablespoon of corn oil
Pinch of salt

1. Beat egg yolks until thick. Add 100g of sugar. Then beat until creamy.
2. Combine milk, green tea powder and oil, stir slowly into egg yolks.
3. In another bowl, whisk egg whites and salt until foamy. Slowly add in remaining sugar and whisk until mixture is stiff.
4. Pour a quarter of egg yolk mixture and flour into egg white. Stir well.
5. Add remaining egg yolk mixture and stir until well blended.
6. Pour batter into tube pan and bake!

Remember to preheat oven in 180°C. Bake if for 30 minutes. Remember to invert the tube pan to cool.

No comments: