Tuesday 3 March 2009

Mixed reaction

Hey! It's been sometime since my last post. Life has been the same, slightly changed though since I'm married. Married life has been good. We get along fine with both sides. Since we're staying with our folks, I find that we're lack of privacy. Our only private moment is when we're out on our own or during bed time.

Anyway, this is not the topic I'm getting into. Noon time, we received a call from my uncle. He said my grandpa urinated blood this morning. And that he's sent him to hospital for checkup. Soon after lunch, we reached my uncle's house. Grandpa took an ultrasound and it showed that there's a small tumor in his bladder. I was shocked upon hearing the report. How could a man at his age (gonna be 87) being diagnosed with tumor. Ridiculous! However, the urologist has to confirm this by performing another scan to make sure.

An hour later, grandpa went back to hospital for cystoscopy. The urologist performed the scan himself and gave us good news. Bladder is clear of tumor! The reason that caused the bleeding is scarring of tissue. Apparently, my grandpa carried flower pots yesterday. The pots might be too heavy for an elderly like him, thus, hurting him internally without him knowing. All of us at home was relieved with the news. In the end, my grandpa got nagged at by his sons for carrying the flower pots, hehe.

On a separate note. I read the paper today. It is reported that there are more than half a million Malaysians residing abroad. These Malaysians are either working, studying or migrated. What is wrong with that? Nothing! Why not report the amount of illegal foreigners residing in Malaysia. I am sure every Malaysian desires to find out. For all you know, the amount could be drastically huge. Having the freedom to come and go, it's not odd if the amount is even larger than our Indian population!

2 comments:

@nne said...

Ya I agree... a lot of foreigners around. Nothing agaisnt them, except that economy recession we need to look out for our own ppl as well. plus when the foreigners no job the resort to other means kan? lately got lots of robbery in my housing area. a lot of neighbours kena di. they think its pakistani. sigh!! so scary. my neighbour said saw a man come to my house but my dog scared him away. thank god for that!

CarolineL said...

My neighbours kena too! These people came in broad daylight! Tsk! We, Malaysians, are not even safe in our own home! Sigh...