Tuesday 23 September 2008

Eating out: Dave's

My dear Hui Bao took leave today. Two of us went out to 1Utama for some shopping and eating. We got there about 11am and we headed to GSC. Bought tickets to our movie, Halloween. Gosh! This is the second biggest flop after Superheroes! I couldn't belief we stayed till the end. Tsk!

Anyway, we went directly to Dave's (non-halal) for lunch after the show. It was way after 2pm by the time we sat down. This is our very first time in Dave's and it took us awhile to decide what to order. Dave's is located at the Old Wing, opposite Burger King and diagonally opposite TGI Friday's. In the mean time, I snapped few shots.



We were seated at the non-smoking section. There is smoking section too, which is separated by a glass door, which is underneath the Tiger neon signage. This place is really cosy, good spot for happy hour.



This is Dave's menu. A good varieties of everything, ranging from starters to desserts, and from lassi to cocktails. We ordered 2 main dish to share. Hui Bao ordered her favorite Chocolate Banana(RM10) and I, Banana Lassi(RM12). By the way, I don't have any favorite drinks. I'm game for anything new :P


Carbonara penne, priced at RM28 (50%)

As pastas is on 50% off on weekdays, we selected the Chef's Signature Carbonara. Good thing about Dave's is, we are given choices what to be put into our pasta, ie: mushroom, sausages, clams, etc. We went for sausages and mushroom. The Carbonara tasted excellent! It is not watery, the sauce is creamy and rich and it lived up to its name ;) Chef's Signature!


Sauteed mushroom with avocado puree sandwich, priced at RM16

Again, we can choose the type of bread: white, wheat or foccacia. IMO, foccacia is the best choice. Indeed it was! The top was crispy and soft in the inside. The filling is really good too. I got bored with meat lately, so I chose mushroom and avocado puree. Honestly, I don't see any avocado puree not I taste any. But it's ok, the greens filled the absence of avocado.



Hui Bao and I had a great time dining in Dave's. We'll definitely be back for more. Thanks Hui Bao for driving us There! Can't wait for our next day out :D

2 comments:

cheahwey said...

Avocado is tasteless and is supposed to be an alternative to butter.

I'd like to try Dave's but it looks way pricier than Friday's or Chilli's. Or Itallianies. :)

CarolineL said...

I know how avocado tastes like, that's why I said I don't see its presence :P

Dave's definitely worth trying. An alternative to the usual Fridays or Chilis :)