Sunday 31 August 2008

Eating in: Popiahs

Popiah is actually a larger version of spring roll. The popiah skin is made of flour and it is eaten fresh, not fried. This dish is popular amongst the Hokkiens. Gan's mom made popiahs today, so I brought home some for parents and myself.



The usual ingredients used to prepare popiah:
  • popiah skin
  • stir-fry turnip, carrots, French beans, shrimps (cubed)
  • fresh greens
  • shredded eggs
  • fried shallots
  • sweet sauce (hoi sin sauce) and chili sauce


Popiah is really good for those who are tired of having meat all the time. It is rather refreshing to go plain once a while. Besides, it is good for those who are on diet too. This is my wrapped-popiah. A little loose on each end though. It tasted really good. Gan's mom makes popiah monthly. I think



After a mouthful bite on my popiah. You can see the eggs and the turnips blasting out from the crepe, hehe. Great meal to end with on National Day.

No comments: