Tuesday 8 July 2008

Tourist spot



We went to Malaysia’s Handicraft Center yesterday after my pilates class. This is my very first time going there. I have seen that place many times but never once thought of visiting till yesterday. This center is located at Jalan Conlay, right adjacent to Prince Hotel. To my surprise, the compound is quite big, though it looked small from the entrance. It’ll take approximately 2 hours to cover the whole area. There were many tourists yesterday. Even I was mistaken of a tourist. I should have lied that I was from Hong Kong. But nah.. I am honest ma :P



There are many handicrafts on sale, such as the woven baskets, pewters, beaded carriers and orchid glass. What about our own hibiscus? Orchid is actually Thai national flower. Anyway, the items sold here are highly priced. I am sure tourists can get them cheaper elsewhere.



These batiks are wonderful! Even I myself are fascinated by the handmade batik. This is the one thing that I am proud of as a Malaysian. There are classes for kids to learn how to make quality batik. There were a handful of caucasians children yesterday and they were having fun with their artwork.



Also on display were the traditional set up for Malay weddings. They are absolutely colorful and uses brass ware sets.

If you are ever come to Malaysia, be sure to check this place out. You will get to see all of Malaysia's culture in this place.

No comments: