Sunday 15 June 2008

Taking a break

Thanks to the strike, I am going hiatus from being a series maniac. I don't watch a lot of series as compared to those who also download anime and even Asian dramas. I only focus on good rated shows :P pssst who would want to waste his/her bandwidth on downloading terrible shows?

My first series that I ever download has got to be Lost. I'm sure everyone has heard of it. It tells the lives of the survivors after a plane crashed into a mysterious island. I watched it over AXN during its marathon screening and I am hooked ever since. This show is now into its fourth season before it was affected by the writers' strike. There will be 2 more seasons before its finale. Can't belief that I have been watching since 2004. How loyal...

Then came Heroes. I still remember vividly that Astro advertised Heroes on tv and on dailies. You can't get anymore attention than those. I watched the first episode and I am hooked instantly. This show is about ordinary people with extra-ordinary power, destined to unite to save the world. It sure sounds yummy. Belief me, the beautiful people starring in the show is equally yummy. Anyway, Heroes will be back in this September. Season 3 ended abruptly because of the strike and it was such a killjoy watching the ending.

Beside these 2 shows, I am also watching Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles. It is about the life of the Connors between Terminator 2 and 3, where they need to battle the machines. Their only mission is to stop SkyNet. This is rather new and it is only shown upto episode 9 in its first season and it's affected by the strike too. However, the producers have signed on agreement to run the second season. I am quite fascinated by the storyline. Give it a try...

The last show is Dexter. I never heard of this show until Vincent told me. It came highly recommended. Honestly, the first episode is rather boring. You gotta be patient and continue watching the second and the third, and fourth. Before you realize, you are almost finishing the whole season, haha. Dexter is a blood spatter analyst who works for the Miami Metro. He also has an addiction to killing, which make the show oh-so-interesting. The downside is that, there's hardly any beautiful faces in the show, not even Dexter *pfft*

No comments: