Saturday 31 May 2008

My pre-wedding photoshoots!

Boey, my bridal consultant called on Thursday to remind us on our photoshoots. I told her, it is impossible to forget such an event, haha. We were told to be there by 10am. Gan and I reached the bridal studio 15 mins earlier. There was another couple, like us, would be having their photoshoots too.



This is the main lounge cum waiting lounge, haha. We waited for a good 10 mins before our makeup artist, May, arrived. I followed her upstairs where she started her artistic job on my head. It took her almost 2 hours to complete: from applying foundation to eyelashes extension and from curling to tying hair. Then it was Gan's turn.



Whilst waiting, I took photo of the many bridal gowns available in-store. I'm not sure about other bridal studios, but I can say Vogue really owns arrays of bridal gowns that suits both skinny and chubby. As for my package, my photoshoots alone consists of 2 wedding gowns, 2 evening gowns and 1 traditional costume, which I picked kimono.

Wing, our photographer is an easygoing lad who hails from Johor Bharu. He is really professional and taught us how we should place our hands and tilt our heads, etc. He made it as we were kids having fun by the pool, heh. We spent an hour taking photo in the garden wearing evening gown and 30 minutes by the windowpane wearing kimono.



This is where I tried on my gowns months ago. The lightings on the flooring made it really impressive. It somehow brightens up everyone that is standing on the platform. As I was taking this photo, we were about to leave for further shootings.

First stop was at Bangi Equatorial Hotel. Evonne, a sales executive from Equatorial Hotel, was kind enough to spare a small function room for our usage. We took photos by the pool, bar, pond, staircase and even on green pastures! I must say we really made heads turned, haha. Many people came to congratulate us. We spent about 3 hours in Equatorial Hotel.

After that, we headed to Putrajaya! I was quite worried as it is overflowed with you-know-what. Furthermore, I was wearing gown, it will surely attract you-know-what attentions. Indeed it did! We were almost reaching this lake when we saw NS trainees. I was embarrassed when little girls waved and smiled at me. Then the boys started hollering to one another, "Wah! Pengantin la!" "Wah! A Bride!" and took pictures! You can tell how embarrassed I was that time, bleh. Luckily, we only spent about an hour in Putrajaya before heading back to the studio.

By the time we reached, it was 8pm. Now all we gotta do is wait for the day where we choose our photographs to be processed. Thank you to May for the lovely makeup and 5 different hairdos. It was really gratifying looking at myself in those styles. And to Wing, who made everything oh-so-easy. Also, you made our jaws cramped from smiling too much :p

My pre-wedding photoshoots was both fun and tiring!

No comments: