Friday 16 May 2008

Eating out: Good Evening Bangkok


Every now and then, Gan and I will have a lunch date. Today, we went to 1Utama since it is the nearest from his working place. Once arrived, we headed straight to Good Evening Bangkok, which is located in the New Wing, 1Utama.

We took about 10 minutes to decide what to order. We settled with a starter, a soup, 2 main courses and a dessert for Gan.


Mieng Kam, priced at RM14.90

This is our starter, Mieng Kam. I had fun dashing a little bit of everything onto the the leaf before folding it. As for Gan, he did not enjoyed it as much as I did. With everything placed in, you can taste everything from sweet to sour, from salty to spicy. I would still prefer Vietnamese salad, where we can dip into sweet, spicy fish sauce.


Spicy Clear Tom Yam soup, priced at RM10.90

Tom Yam soups served in Good Evening Bangkok can really sky-rocket you up to space. It is so spicy that it can numb your tongue. Throughout my visits to this place, I had never ever finished a bowl of soup, I just can't manage to. In this Tom Yam soup, there are squids, mushrooms, fish and shrimps. It is really appetizing too.


Stir-fry Morning Glory, priced at RM12.90

Morning Glory simply means Kang Kung. Well, there isn't anything special about this dish. I can find better ones elsewhere. This dish is far too watery for a stir-fry vegetable. Look at that! :/ Next up is the Green Curry Chicken. This is not as rich and creamy as my last visit. Yet, it is still good to go with the fragrant Thai rice. I would suggest to order other dish instead.


Green Curry Chicken, priced at RM15.90

Rating: 6/10

No comments: