Wednesday 11 February 2009

Business opportunity

Couple of days ago, I received a call from an ex-colleague that I haven't spoken to for ages. She asked me how was I, what am I doing and the usual questions. I sensed something was amiss since we lost contact for so long. I was right, soon after she asked "Hey, are you interested in doing business? My friends and I just started the business and are looking for potential partners with foundation."

Potential partners with foundation? Hmmm. Then I asked what is the business about. She went "Do you have time? We could discuss this further over a cuppa. I can introduce you to my friends too." Not wanting to drag this further, I decline her offer kindly by saying I have other commitments.

In this economic time, many businesses have gone bust. At the same time, it creates business opportunity too. There are many genuine investments, but there might also be those which are cutting corners. Being a non risk taker, it never crossed my mind to jump into any opportunity. I tend to think too much and also, I don't trust anyone handling investments for me. To me, the best financial manager is none other than my ownself.

Even if I do ever invest, it would be years from now when I have spare cash to dump in. At this point of time, I still trust the bank. Thank you very much. What about you? Are you a risk taker?

2 comments:

Dee said...

I was used to be like u, traditional of savings and a non risk taker. Only trust myself and very conservative. Until I took the financial planning course and see the big picture of how I had missed all the opportunities went past me. Well it's never too late to start even though I'm old ready. It's no harm to study and equipped yourself with knowledge first before u venture or commit yourself into anything yet. I'm a risk taker now and cos it's time to change for the better future. I have learned how to think out of the box. Thank God!

@nne said...

just be careful yea babes. there are jus too many ppl out there trying to take opportunities (consciously and unconsciously) esp in times like this. make sure u haf wise counsel overlooking the proposal before jumping into it. =)