Tuesday 26 August 2008

There comes a time

Earlier today, I received a mail that reads:
...There comes a point in your life when you realize: who matters, who never did, who won't anymore AND who always will...
That is so true isn't it?

When I was in school, I didn't get to hang out as often (that's for having strict and over-protective parents). Apart from school, the only time I got to see my friends was during tuition. FYI, I went to Sekolah Kebangsaan. I got along really well with my fellow peers of all races. Then came SPM aka graduation. Right after examination, we had a small gathering at the nearby KFC. Only then I felt "Wow, this is it! We're gonna say our goodbyes." We took tons and tons of photos. It was all too memorable then.


Sorry la, can't find any secondary photos in my PC :p

But now, the photos have been chucked aside, along with all the autographs that we used to write to one another. Besides, I have not spoken to them since. Only a handful remains.

Then it was college life. I was able to stay in the hostel, had late nights with my friends, shared blood and sweat developing projects together and had hearty talks. It was the best time in my life, to date! I met so many of my friends whom I am still keeping in touch with. And it was during college life too where I found my besties and love.


Second year, Inti-UC

Though my heart was shattered not once, but twice, it made me stronger and value my friendship even further. Thus, I am blessed to have such girlfriends to share my ups and downs with. The 3 years I spent in Inti was over in a zap. Whenever I think back of the good 'ol times, it always bring a smile on my face.

Then came the corporate life. My first job was with Victoria Station, as an IT admin, where I worked for 3 months. Second job was with an IT company in KL. There, I got really close with my colleagues. Every Friday after work, we would go for karaokes, pool and sometimes, bowling at the nearby mall. It is in this company too that I found love once again. I am thankful for that. However, the company wasn't performing well. So I decided to leave before it was too late.


Chinese New Year 2007

Next, I landed in this MNC based in Cyberjaya. Though we did not have so much fun outside the company, but being one of the organizing community member, we made sure the fun starts from within. We celebrates birthdays every month, different theme costumes each month and BBQ dinners, treasure hunt and even inviting the radio crew over.

I have left the company for over a year now. I still keep in touch with a handful of them. We will meet up and talk/gossip over lunch. Mostly are still working there and many have left and moved on.

I might have a lot of friends, but most of them are too busy and have other priorities in life. Therefore, it's easier for me to keep few friends closer, hehe. And I'm happy to be treated like one too.

Now, I know who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The happiest time in my life too..I love flipping my pictures taken back in college once in a while...gosh, I wish we could do it again, the sem break we took last time..*wink*...

CarolineL said...

omg yea! the sem break was a blast! boohoo, i had to retake a sub tho. boohoo!