Wednesday 13 August 2008

A short trip



My parents and I went back to Ipoh early this morning. We didn't stay over-night though. The reason for such a short trip was my aunt had gone for a mastectomy surgery last weekend.

Weeks after my grandmother had hers, it was my aunt's turn. She was discharged just after 2 nights of admission. Though she might looked a little pale, but told us that she didn't feel any pain nor discomfort. Just that the wound affects her mobility to run errands. That's what my grandmother told us too. I am glad they are thinking so positively and give grace to our Lord.

My mom and I volunteered to cook them a simple, healthy lunch! My mom's in-charge of Miso Steamed Chicken, while I cooked Aglio Olio Spaghetti. My grandmother isn't a big fan of Japanese and Western food, she only had a few bites on both dishes. My aunt, on the other hand, ate with acceptance, hehe.

Most of us kids are grown-ups now. The only time we gather around is during festive seasons. That is, if everyone is back to hometown. It saddens me whenever I think back of the past, where we share laughter and joy. Even if times like this are hard to seized, I will make sure I treasure every moment.

No comments: