Thursday 28 August 2008

Mid-Autumn Festival

... aka Mooncake Festival is just around the corner. Chinese from all over the world, celebrate it annually on the 15th day of the 8th month, based on lunar calendar. And this year, it falls on 14 September.



I notice that renown restaurants like Oversea, Kam Lun Tai, Tai Thong and etc, have started selling mooncakes as early as July! I guess business is very competitive, that they need to sell earlier than the rest.

As most Thursday goes, I will be in Midvalley. Today, there are more carts selling mooncakes located on the center court, lower ground floor. Mostly are big hotels such as, Westin, Nikko, Renaissance, Shangri La, Hilton, etc.



I'm not a mooncake fan myself, but I do like the mini mooncake from Shangri La. We bought 3 mini mooncakes, 2 are Lotus Seed and 1 is Bird's Nest Custard Ping Pei.



Apart from mooncakes, you can get lanterns too. These days, lanterns are powered with batteries. Tsk, nothing beats the traditional, old school lanterns. They use candles! Mine was a unicorn, what's yours?

No comments: