Thursday 7 August 2008

Eating in: Homemade Pizza

Few days ago, I was motivated to make my own pizzas after watching License to Grill on AFC. Somehow I made my own ingredients up without looking at any recipe (it's pretty easy, trust me!). They are...



Homemade Pizza -for 4

2 pita breads -halfed
1 medium size capsicum -chopped/sliced
8 slices of dory fish
Tomato sauce/pasta sauce -generous amount
Garlic spread
Salt & pepper -to taste
  • Spread on the garlic spread on each pita bread
  • Next, put on and spread the tomato sauce
  • Dress in the capsicum and cover up with pasta sauce, and/or
  • Dress in the dory fish and cover up with pasta sauce
  • Pinch of salt and pepper onto each pita bread
  • Bake for 15 minutes at 200-225 deg
Remember to preheat the oven at the same temperature for at least 10 minutes.


As you can see, I don't have mozzarella cheese spread over my pizzas. But, you can improvise accordingly. I did too. The sauce on lower right pizza, was added with mayonnaise (it looks orangy). I just want to try how it tastes like when it's done. These pizzas were only a second away before getting into the hot oven.



This is a closer look of the pizzas before being put into oven. This is capsicum with sliced fish. I'm sure it'll taste much better with cheese spread over it.



After waiting for 15 minutes, it's finally done. This is the plain capsicum with tomato sauce, with a slightly burnt crust... YUMZ~ And the pizza with mayonnaise added in, it tasted heavenly!

I bought all my ingredients from Jusco. The size of a pita bread is somewhat like the personal pizza from Pizza Hut. You can try dressing in mushroom, ham, cheese and anything you can think of. Be creative :)

No comments: