Tuesday 19 August 2008

Eating in: Grilled Ribs

Very often, I am triggered after watching AFC. And from there, I will try to improvise using any ingredients that I can find in my fridge. For dinner, I tried the Tex Mex Pork Ribs which was found in that site too. But my recipe is much, much simpler.



I only use:
  • paprika
  • salt & pepper
  • brown sugar
  • oregano (I used parsley instead)
If you could follow exactly like the given recipe, I'm sure it'll taste much better than mine. Keep the ribs marinated for at least 4 hours.



Lately, I'm really into garlic spread. So, I tried that on one the ribs. This is only seconds away before being grilled. Remember to preheat the oven for at least 10 minutes at the highest temperature. Mine was set to 300ÂșC



According to the instruction, I have to leave the door open at the first position.Barely 5 minutes in the oven, the aroma filled my dry kitchen. About 8 mins later, I turned the ribs over and continue grilling, with door closed. And at this time, I have chopped some capsicum to be grilled as well.



7 mins later, timer stopped and I removed the grilled tray from the oven. Tada~ My ribs!



Just look at them. MmMmmMm~ Crisp on the outside, juicy in the inside. Not too well-done and tasted just nice. However, I need to double up my ingredients. I can barely taste the paprika and the parsley. My ribs tasted a little sweet. The rib with garlic spread tasted good too. Basically, the taste was covered with garlic and not paprika anymore.

Mom and I had a tough time washing and rinsing off the stains and burnt meat that were sticking on the grilling grid and trays. It wasn't much fun after all.

3 comments:

outdoorgriller said...

those are some good tips but you can also put them in pan with a small grill and some beer and steam them for 45 minutes then put them on the grill, there are some great tips and recipes at www.cookingandgrillinoutdoors.com

outdoorgriller said...

those are some good tips but you can also put them in pan with a small grill and some beer and steam them for 45 minutes then put them on the grill, there are some great tips and recipes at www.cookingandgrillinoutdoors.com

CarolineL said...

Thanks, I shall drop by.