Friday 1 August 2008

A dream

Two nights ago, I was awaken by sound of knocking, The kind that you normally knock on door with your knuckles. This is different, it was soft. Normally I am sound asleep, that even neighbour's alarm can't wake me. Somehow, this knocking sound woke me.

It was 5.10am when I got up. I listen carefully again, it was gone. All I hear was the aircon blowing its cool air. I tip-toed to my bathroom for further checking. Nothing. I was afraid that burglars might had climbed onto our roof and looking for a way down. Upon hearing nothing, it was a sign of relief. I hopped onto my bed and prayed that I could fall asleep quickly. Indeed I did and had a dream.

I was in a coach in Japan. I was sitting alone and the bus was full with other tour member. It was rather noisy because it was like we were waiting for member who was late. I started talking with the Malay couple seated behind me. Halfway talking, the member who was late and delaying our tour finally got into the bus. He sat right next to me. I turned and he was my late brother. I spanked his thigh and said, "Why the delay? Went to hot spring?". He was annoyed by the spanking and replied, "Others can be late, why can't I?!".

The next morning, I shared my dream with my parents. Coincidentally, my dad heard a voice calling out to my mom at about the same time too. Dad went on to say that my late brother had come home and is missing mom. So, he knocked and called out mie.

Christians aren't supposed to be superstitious, but what could possibly explain that?

Though he's gone back to the Lord for over 5 years, I still dream of him once/twice a year. First two years was more frequent. I am sure those of you who have lost someone close, have experience this before. But have you experienced something as vivid as that?

No comments: